CHBA National Home Buyer Preference Survey
Builder participation in the 2023 survey is now closed
Want to know what home buyers are looking for in a new home? What features they will trade-off to get what they want? CHBA’s annual nationwide market research study – powered by Avid Ratings Canada – is the only source for this vital market insight.
Participation is free, limited to CHBA members and very easy.
About the CHBA Home Buyer Preference Survey
- A high-value CHBA member service from CHBA, delivered in partnership by Avid Ratings Canada.
- The largest market research study in Canada for new home buyer preferences – over 20,000 homeowners have participated.
- Asks recent home buyers across Canada what they looked for in new homes, what they'd be looking for in their next home, what features are hot, and what they’d "trade-off" to get them. Detailed buyer profiles allow analysis by buyer segment and home type, for additional insight.
- A unique opportunity for participating builders to increase profits, gain market share and engage more customers by learning what home buyers in their market want today!
- Participation is free, and available only to CHBA members.
- Access to your personal hombuyers' raw sets
- Participation = access to your personal homebuyers' responses! Participating builders not only get the entire survey results free, you can also get access to your personal homebuyers' raw data sets will be available upon request once the study is complete.
- The survey process is compliant with the Canadian Anti-Spam Law (CASL).
- Results from this year's CHBA Home Buyer Preference Survey will be released in winter 2024
How it Works
If you are a CHBA new home builder member, simply sign up in 2 minutes now.
Within a well, we’ll send you instructions and data forms so that you can submit a list of your qualified buyer contacts to be included in the survey. These must be customers who purchased a new home from you in the last two years. All that is required is contact information for your buyers – the data submission process is fast and easy.
CHBA will then directly invite your contacts to be part of this year's survey. Those who accept this invitation will be connected to the CHBA Home Buyer Preference Survey site, operated by Avid Ratings Canada in partnership with the CHBA.
All customer data supplied by you will remain secure, will only be used for the purposes of this survey, and will be purged following completion of the survey.
The CHBA Home Buyer Preference Survey complies fully with Canada’s Anti-Spam (CASL) law.