Net Zero Training
CHBA Qualified Net Zero Training
To-date four training courses have been developed for the Net Zero Home Labelling Program. More will continue to be developed for additional key stakeholders.
- CHBA Net Zero Builder Training (Updated in 2020 see Course Syllabus for more details)
- CHBA Net Zero Energy Advisor Training (Updated in 2020 see Course Syllabus for more details)
- CHBA Net Zero Sales Training (Updated in 2020 see Course Syllabus for more details)
- CHBA Net Zero Renovator Training (New in 2020 see Course Syllabus for more details)
- CHBA Net Zero Marketing and Communications Training Module - FREE (members must be logged in to see the access link below).
The CHBA Net Zero training courses can only be taken through CHBA Qualified Net Zero Service Organizations, delivered by CHBA Qualified Net Zero Trainers. For more information contact a CHBA Qualified Net Zero Service Organization.
UPCOMING TRAINING DATES
Dates/locations of training sessions will be posted as they become available from the CHBA Qualified Net Zero Service Organizations. If you are unable to attend any of the upcoming training sessions, please contact one of our Qualified Net Zero Service Organizations and request to be added to their wait list.
- Net Zero Builder Training |Online| March 6 & 7, 2024 | 12:30-4:30pm EST
CHBA - British Columbia
- Net Zero Builder Training |Online| Jan 23 & 25, 2024 | 10:00am-1:00pm PST
- Net Zero Builder Training |Online| Apr 16 & 18, 2024 | 10:00am-1:00pm PST
Homesol Building Solutions
The City of Ottawa’s Better Homes Ottawa program is offering Net Zero training in collaboration with Homesol Buildings Solutions and the Greater Ottawa Home Builders Association. Dates below:
- Advanced Building Science Training |Online| Feb 7 & 7, 2024 | 1:00-5:00pm EST
CHBA is leading an NRCan funded initiative to demonstrate options to Canadians for renovating their homes to Net Zero Energy. This project seeks to build capacity to support 100-150 Net Zero Renovations in participating Municipal regions across Canada by 2025.
The Advanced Building Science (or equivalent) is a prerequisite for the in-person Net Zero Renos Bootcamp that includes CHBA Net Zero Builder, CHBA Net Zero Renovator, Integrated Design Process for optimizing your Part 9 renovation and more. See more about the project here.
These training sessions are part of building that capacity and are for ALL involved in the deep energy retrofit/net zero renovation process – from design to permitting, through procurement and construction, to final sign off, we need all stakeholders to bring their perspective to the table. Stay tuned for upcoming sessions!
Milestones in Canadian Housing - A Brief Overview
Learn more about the milestones in Canadian Housing. The CHBA Net Zero Renovator Training course provides you with an in-depth look into this topic.