Marketing and Communications Coordinator, Net Zero Energy Housing
Canadian Home Builders’ Association (CHBA)
“The Voice of Canada’s Residential Construction Industry Since 1943”
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary: Commensurate with Education & Experience
Job Location: National Office - 141 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
CHBA’s national office is seeking a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join its Net Zero team. Reporting to the Director of Net Zero Energy Housing, this position will deliver the marketing and communications for CHBA’s Net Zero core program, as well as programming under development such as Net Zero MURBs (Multi-Unit Residential Buildings), renovations, and neighbourhoods. The Net Zero Marketing and Communications Coordinator will also work with CHBA’s communications team to ensure alignment and consistency with the association’s marketing and communications.
- Planning, organizing and delivering the communications for all Net Zero efforts and activities, including the Net Zero News e-publication.
- Managing and growing the Net Zero social media and online presence including updating the Net Zero webpages.
- Assisting in writing content for magazines, blogs and ads.
- Designing and developing new marketing collateral including photos, videos, infographics and e-profiles of program participants and homes – as well as promoting existing materials available to NZC members and program participants. (i.e. logos, brochures, plaques)
- Researching and utilizing ways to strengthen the Net Zero Home Labelling Program brand identity and grow exposure to the industry, consumers and other key stakeholders such as government.
- Maintaining and growing the various Net Zero key stakeholder distribution lists, including the “green” media list.
- Soliciting applications for the Net Zero Home Award and promoting finalists and winners.
- Managing the presence of a Net Zero booth at HBA consumer home shows as well as other key consumer events nationally.
- In support of CHBA’s “Affordable, Replicable and Marketable Net Zero Ready MURBs” project with Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), travel to 7 builder sites in BC, AB, SK and ON will be required to take photos/videos and conduct interviews.
ABOUT YOU, THE CANDIDATE
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in Marketing and/or Communications.
- Post-Secondary credentials in photography/videography/graphic design or similar program.
- 2-5 years of recent practical work experience in the marketing and communication field.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Possesses knowledge of effective marketing and communications strategies.
- Asset: Knowledge of environmental “green” home labelling programs.
Skills and Abilities:
- Competency with Microsoft software (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe software (Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and video editing software(s).
- Demonstrated photography and videography skills (and post-processing).
- Competency updating websites (basic knowledge of HTML an asset).
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Creative and analytical thinker.
- Asset: Bilingual in English and French.
- Communicates clearly and effectively in a professional and friendly manner and exhibits excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter who thrives in an environment where he/she can be equally successful working independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines.
- Enthusiastic desire to contribute to the overall success of CHBA.
Hours of work
The hours of work are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, though some flexibility is available. This position requires travel within Canada. The incumbent may be asked to work overtime from time to time.
Please apply at this link. You will be redirected to a new page. CHBA is looking to fill this position ASAP, and will assess applications as they are received. Accordingly, there is no closing date for this posting. The application process for this posting will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applicants.
Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process. We ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.