Director, Stakeholder Relations
Canadian Home Builders’ Association (CHBA)
“The Voice of Canada’s Residential Construction Industry Since 1943”
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary: Commensurate with Education & Experience
Job Location: National Office - 141 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
CHBA’s dynamic national office is seeking an energetic and affable association/not-for-profit professional to provide services to key stakeholders, including the staff of its provincial and local home builders’ associations (HBAs), as well as corporate sponsors and affinity program partners. Reporting directly to the national CEO, Kevin Lee, this client-service-oriented director will be the staff lead for the national Executive Officers Council, liasing between CHBA’s multi-disciplinary staff and HBA staff across the country, helping to support association operations, management and governance in our HBAs from coast to coast. The director will also lead engagement with members of CHBA’s Alliance Network and National Advantages initiatives, who provide key value offerings to CHBA’s members and corporate sponsorship to the national association.
ABOUT THE JOB
Deliver solutions and support services for the CHBA, local and provincial associations and members as follows.
National Office staff lead for CHBA’s National Executive Officer’s Council (EOC) and the EOC Management Committee:
Note: CHBA’s Executive Officers (EOs) are the chief staff officers for the Association’s local and provincial associations across the country, each run as separate not-for-profit associations
- Lead and coordinate the activities of the Council and its management committee by working with the CEO and the Council Chair to advance key agenda items and the strategic plan
- Lead meetings and support the Council Chair (scheduling and preparing agenda, meeting summaries, and status updates)
- Track and report on progress made on the EOC’s strategic plan
- Coordinate information sharing among EOs and act as main point of contact for HBA staff questions, supporting requests, information requests and concerns
- Lead national orientation for new EOs
- Plan, develop/create and deliver content, working with CHBA’s communications team:
- webinars and information sessions
- bi-monthly newsletter
- Provide information and advice (including information/content development) to EOs on the activities surrounding association best practices related to operations, management and governance
- Lead the planning, coordination and execution of an annual 3-day Professional Development Forum for EOs
National Office staff lead for CHBA’s Alliance Network and National Advantages Program:
Note: The Alliance Network is CHBA’s group of corporate sponsors that support the year-round activities of the association and its national conference, while providing value to CHBA members. In turn, CHBA promotes these companies and their offerings throughout the year through a variety of means and channels.
The National Advantages Program is CHBA’s affinity initiative with companies that provide discounts and benefits to members on services and products.
- Acquire new corporate participants for both initiatives
- Act as main point of contact and lead participant retention efforts
- Liaise and coordinate with Director, Finance on all financials related to both initiatives
- In collaboration with CHBA’s communications team
- Coordinate activations for both initiatives
- Continually innovate to maintain and increase value for both particpants and members
- For Alliance Network partners:
- Produce annual sponsorship package
- Produce individualized annual return-on-investment (ROI) reports for partners
- Act as staff lead in coordinating webinars
ABOUT YOU, THE CANDIDATE
Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in a related field
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ recent practical work experience in association/not-for-profit management/governance/sponsorship support
- Experience in client-services
- Experience in content development
- Experience in events management
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of association/not-for-profit management and governance best practices
- Knowledge of sponsorship management
- In-depth knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Asset: training and/or certification from the Canadian Society of Association Executives or similar credentials
- Asset: experience in sponsorship ROI reporting
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships that encourage cooperation
- Demonstrated strong project management competencies
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, advancing multiple projects and activities simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to chair meetings
- Demonstrated ability to identify sources of, and provide information and guidance on matters that may be of interest to clients
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute meetings and events
- Demonstrated ability to secure and retain sponsors
- Strong writing and content development skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills with a strong desire to help—a strong client-service orientation with matching personality is key.
- Strong organizational skills
- Confident in communicating ideas in a professional and friendly manner
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines
- Enthusiastic desire to contribute to the overall success of the CHBA and its members
- Self-starter who thrives in an environment where he/she can be equally successful working independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. CHBA is looking to fill this position ASAP, and will assess applications as they are received. Accordingly, there is no closing date for this posting. The application process for this posting will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applicants.
Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process. We ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.