Director, Information Technology
Canadian Home Builders’ Association (CHBA)
“The Voice of Canada’s Residential Construction Industry Since 1943”
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary: Commensurate with Education & Experience
Job Location: National Office - 141 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the CEO, the Director, Information Technology is responsible for leading all information technology operations and projects while advancing the needs and interests of the CHBA and its members.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative high-performance team environment, working with various lines of business and the leaders of those. He/she will be creative and innovative, while being happy both managing systems and contractors, and rolling up the sleeves to do extensive IT development work him/herself as required. A client-service orientation – to CHBA staff, HBA staff across the country, and members – with an affable disposition and strong communication skills, will be a key to success.
Oversee Information Technology Operations by:
- As part of CHBA’s management team, collaborating to identify and implement innovative IT solutions to meet the ever-evolving needs of CHBA’s myriad lines of business
- Conducting regular audits of IT systems to make recommendations on system enhancement/integration to better serve the CHBA and its members
- Overseeing relationship with IT managed services provider
- Overseeing ongoing development and implementation of CHBA’s association management system (iMIS), including overseeing contractors
- In collaboration with the Director, Renovation Services, leading the development of a the new iMIS-based system for an online certification-type system, administering the licensing and member-requirements digitally for national programs (e.g. RenoMark, Adaptiv Home, etc.).
- In collaboration with the Director, Renovation Services, leading the IT aspects of the development of the new Adaptiv Home portal connecting consumers (caregivers, seniors aging-in-place, the disabled, etc.) with information, products/solutions, qualified CHBA renovators, and occupational therapists
- In collaboration with the Director, Net Zero Housing, leading the IT aspects of the development of CHBA’s Net Zero Home Program portal and back-end database for tracking member-companies, service-providers, and house data
- Working with directors to continue development of CHBA’s national Learning Management System (LMS), in collaboration with provincial and local HBAs
- Working with various CHBA management, oversee the IT aspects of App development for various needs
- Managing outsourced agreements with IT service providers, including CHBA’s network management, M365 and basic systems support contractor
- Providing “front line” IT support for CHBA events
ABOUT YOU, THE CANDIDATE
Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Information Technology or a related field
A minimum of ten (10) years' recent practical work experience IT systems, including:
- Database, association management systems, and/or CRM
- Asset: experience working with iMIS
- Learning management systems
- Asset: experience with Absorb LMS
- Advanced coding and scripting
- IT Systems Architecture design and development
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Teams Phone
- SharePoint Online and OneDrive
- Security and MFA (Multi-factor authentication)
- Desktop and network management and support
- Contract and contractor management
- Asset: Previous association or not-for-profit experience
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Current and in-depth knowledge of:
- Current and in-depth knowledge of:
o Database, association management systems, and/or CRM
o Learning management systems
o Advanced coding and scripting
o The software development life cycle
o IT Systems Architecture design and development
o Desktop and network management and support
- In-depth competency in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to identify sources of, and provide information and guidance on potential IT solutions for CHBA’s various lines of business
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of stakeholders at all levels of government as well as demonstrated writing and presentation skills to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative cost-effective IT solutions in a team setting
- Demonstrated abilities in project management
- Equally happy doing hands-on work and managing/overseeing work of others including contractors
- Strong client-services orientation
- Passionate about finding creative solutions to IT challenges
- Excellent communicator, verbally and visually (e.g. leading workshops to establish use cases with staff)
- Creative and innovative
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills with a demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships that encourage cooperation.
- Excellent team player
- Enthusiastic desire to contribute to the overall success of the CHBA and its members
- Self-starter who thrives in an environment where he/she can be equally successful working independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
Hours of work: The hours of work are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, though some flexibility is available. There is a requirement to travel within Canada to attend meetings. The incumbent may be required to work overtime from time to time given the nature of the work.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. CHBA is looking to fill this position ASAP, and will assess applications as they are received. Accordingly, there is no closing date for this posting. The application process for this posting will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applicants.
Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process. We ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.