The Canadian Home Builders' Association is "the voice of Canada's residential construction industry," and our members are the industry’s leaders from coast to coast. As a three-level organization, when you join your local Home Builders’ Association, your become part of our strong collective voice locally, provincially and nationally – and you get all the benefits from the three levels of the Association too.
From municipal government liaison, monthly networking meetings, other networking events, industry seminars, professional development, marketing campaigns, awards programs… members benefit from having their voice heard by local government, make important business contacts, stay informed about the latest trends and issues affecting their business, and build valuable recognition with consumers. See your Local Home Builders’ Association for more.
The Association deals with a wide range of provincial government regulations and policies that affect members, their businesses and their customers—from codes and standards, to health and safety, infrastructure financing, the environment and consumer protection. Provincial conferences and awards programs give members an opportunity to meet and network with peers from across their province. See your Provincial Home Builders’ Association for more.
At the national level, the CHBA represents and serves the entire membership from coast to coast.
CHBA is your voice in Ottawa on big issues that affect your business, your customers, and all Canadians.
As a member of the national Association representing one of Canada’s most economically important industries, you join 8,500 other member companies from coast to coast in having a strong voice in Ottawa. This ensures that CHBA can effectively fight for a business environment that gives your company the best chance to succeed and prosper.
CHBA makes sure the Prime Minister, Ministers, Members of Parliament and federal government officials know that our industry represents over $128 billion in economic activity and over 1 million jobs from coast to coast, in every community.
CHBA’s success can be seen in recent federal budgets through measures that help homeowners, home buyers, and work to keep the home building industry, which is so important to the entire economy, healthy and strong. From taxation to employment insurance, mortgage rules to tax credits, labour market information to key housing statistics, research and development to codes and regulations, and so much more, CHBA actively advocates on the housing issues that affect our industry and all Canadians every day.
We speak out on the things that matter when it comes to federal government decisions affecting our industry, your company, your clients, and the entire economy. Working effectively at all three levels, and collaborating with other industry groups with common interests, gives us the strength to get results.
In addition to representing your interests to governments, CHBA provides you with national resources and leadership in many other important areas that can help your business succeed:
- Exclusive specialized industry information through member-only e-publications like our opt-in daily Industry Highlights, plus monthly updates on industry economics, marketing, urban issues, and more, all through customizable subscription services so you get exactly what you want, when you want;
- Home Builder Magazine and the SolPlan Review technical journal, subscriptions valued at over $100 per year;
- Technical solutions you need on issues like basement moisture, radon, venting, and more through our national Technical Research Committee made up of members, like you, from across the country;
- Leadership in innovation through the new Net Zero Energy Housing Council aimed at finding smart, affordable, marketable energy efficient solutions our members can deliver to customers successfully;
- Ongoing, effective social media campaigns that focus on housing affordability so that federal, provincial and local governments “connect the dots’ that link affordability with key issues like development taxes and housing supply;
- Effective collaboration through our national Executive Officers Council, so we can help every local association build its capacity and share effective solutions to the business challenges members face locally.
- More discounts and deals coming through new affinity programs, like our arrangement with NAHB to save members hundreds of dollars when they send employees to the International Builders Show in Las Vegas or Orlando.
From being your voice on the key business issues you face today, to providing solutions to your business and technical challenges, to contributing to strengthening your local Association, to providing you with dollar savings for your bottom line, CHBA is working at the national level to help your business succeed and prosper.
If you are involved in home building, renovation or land development, or provide services to the industry you should be a CHBA member. Contact the Local Home Builders’ Association in your community to join today.