The federal government continues to hold public consultations on a number of topics related to housing.
As per CHBA advocacy, the federal government acknowledged that every level of government affects housing, and has committed to a coordinated, Federal‐Provincial‐Municipal approach to developing housing policy. This reflects how CHBA has always approached housing issues.
The following are CHBA’s submissions to various federal government consultations on issues related to housing:
- Getting Building: An Action Plan for Economic Recovery in Residential Construction (June 2020)
- Letter to Morneau and Hussen on Mortgage Rule Changes (June 9, 2020)
- Opening Remarks to the Standing Committee on Finance study on COVID-19 Response (June 4, 2020)
- Letter to the Minister of Small Business and Export Promotion on the Commercial Rent Subsidy (May 7, 2020)
- Submission for the Standing Committee on Finance Study on COVID-19 (April 29, 2020)
- Letter to Minister of Finance Re: Recommended Clarification to CEWS Qualifying Revenue Calculations (April 21, 2020)
- Letter to Minister of Finance Re: Recommended Changes to the Revenue Calculation in the Canadian Emergency Wage Subsidy Program (April 3, 2020)
- Letter to Minister of Finance Re: Funding for Not-For-Profit Associations (March 26, 2020)
- Letter to Minister of Finance Re: Support and Fiscal Stimulus through the COVID-19 Outbreak (March 20, 2020)
- Updated Recommendations for Budget 2020 (February 25, 2020)
- Opening Remarks to Kevin Lee, CEO, Canadian Home Builders' Association, to the Standing Committee on Finance (February 5, 2020)
2020 Video Archive