1) CHBA Membership. Be a CHBA member in good standing. Learn more about the benefits of membership and contact a local HBA to join. (When you join a local HBA, provincial and national membership is included.)
2) EnerGuide. Be a licensed Service Organization through NRCan to deliver the EnerGuide Rating System (ERS), and ENERGY STAR for New Homes or R-2000.
3) Energy Advisor. Must employ/contract at least one CHBA Qualified Net Zero Energy Advisor (EA) and ensure they meet all Program requirements.
4) Training. If SO chooses to deliver CHBA Net Zero Training, they must employ/contract a CHBA Qualified Net Zero Trainer for the course being delivered.
5) Registration. The CHBA verifies that all Program Requirements have been met and then prompts the SO to register with the CHBA by signing the SO Agreement and Attestation at www.chba.ca/NZHLPregistration and paying the Service Organization registration fee.
- Once registration is complete, the CHBA sends the SO a confirmation letter along with the program marketing collateral. The SO will then be added to the CHBA Qualified NZ Service Organization directory at www.chba.ca/nze.
Note: Service Organizations that meet the eligibility criteria must complete an SO application before registering. Applications can be downloaded here and should be submitted via email to [email protected] for review. Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of their standing within 3 weeks.