2013's Renovation Month focuses on the professional renovator through our theme “Find The Magic In Your Home” The campaign images and backgrounders drive home the benefits of hiring a professional who does things the right way.
- Public Service Announcements (PSAs) for use by radio, television and print media / A Few Hints About Public Service Announcements, for Local HBAs
- Key Renovation Month Messages
- “Find The Magic In Your Home” - Press Release for use by Local HBAs
- Renovation Month Proclaimation - Draft Proclaimation for Municipalities
Download the full Renovation Month Poster in Hi-Resolution PDF.
Download this image in Hi-Resolution:
You must right click on the file and choose
"Save Target As..." to copy the files to your computer
The following is a series of backgrounders for consumers on renovation topics. Some of these are new while others are updates from last year’s package. You can use these articles at any time. Your local newspapers may be looking for material they can use in homes supplements or you may want to make copies to distribute at home shows.
- Dealing with Radon in Your Home - You may or may not have it in your home. You may have an acceptable amount of it, or too much. If the latter, you should get rid of it, and there is no better time to do so than when you are renovating your home...
- 10 Common Misperceptions about Home Renovation - a great many home renovation problems result from simple consumer misperceptions.
- Design Ideas for Your Renovation - Good design is an integral part of a successful renovation.
- Financing Your Home Renovation - One of the key questions you need to ask yourself, when first thinking about a home renovation is how you are going to pay for it.
- Focus on Renovation Value - Your home is likely the most valuable asset you own.
- Getting the Most for Your Renovation Dollars - For most homeowners, renovation means striking a balance between what you really would like to do with your home, and what’s possible within your budget.
- On Time, On Budget: Tips for Managing Your Home Renovation - A big concern for many homeowners who embark on a renovation is whether the work will be completed on schedule and on budget...
- Online Renovation Advice to Get You Started Right - Here are some informative sites to get your home renovation planning off to a good start.
- Payback on Your Renovation Investment - When you are renovating your home with an eye to possibly selling it down the road, it is a good idea to spend a little time researching the impact of the work on the value of your home.
- Renovation Planning Pays Off - “A well-planned renovation is a successful project at the end”
- Choose Quality Products for Your Renovation - One of the exciting aspects of renovating your home is choosing the materials and products that go into it...
- Renovate for Easy Living—Now and in the Future - A home renovation is a great opportunity to look at the functionality of your home and think about how you will live in it after the work is done.
- Renovating for the Mature Years - Home renovations are often linked with major milestones or stages in people’s lives.
- Renovating the Outdoors - A home renovation can involve more than the interior and exterior of your house...
- Renovate with Confidence: Hire a Professional Renovator - Here is a quick look at some of the things you may be missing out on when you choose a low price over professionalism.
- The Road to Renovation Success - Renovate with confidence—plan for success!
- Finding a Professional Renovator - Finding the right renovator is key to getting the results you want.
- Interviewing Renovators - Getting the right contractor for your home renovation doesn’t have to be difficult or complicated.
- Choose Your Renovator with Care - Deciding who to hire for your home renovation is an important part of planning for the success of your project.
- The ABCs of Your Renovation Contract - When you hire someone to renovate your home, a written contract is a must. No projects, even a small one, should be done without one.
- CHBA Homeowners’ Guide to Green Renovation - “Get the Home You Always Wanted and Give the Environment a Break”
- Green Renovation Grants and Incentives - Homeowners who want to carry out “green renovations” on their home may be eligible for financial help from government.
- Get it in Writing! - For a number of years, the Get it in Writing! campaign has provided homeowners with sound information on how to avoid risks when hiring a contractor for their renovation project.
- CHBA Renovators’ Council Promotes Professionalism - The Canadian Renovators’ Council of the Canadian Home Builders’ Association (CHBA) is committed to supporting the professionalism of the renovation industry, and assisting its members to deliver high-quality performance and service to homeowners.
This guide has been prepared to help local Home Builders’ Associations (HBAs) and their members benefit as much as possible from Renovation Month.
The guide presents a blueprint for success. The step-by-step directions make it easy for HBAs with little or no prior Renovation Month participation to plan and carry out an exciting and rewarding campaign. Experienced HBAs will find lots of information to help them broaden and fine-tune their activities. The Guide will:
Discuss the benefits of participating in Renovation Month.
Outline how to get started.
Describe the materials available from CHBA.
Offer advice on how individual new home builders can get the most from participating.