New Homes Month
2013’s New Homes Month theme is “Solid. Your New Home.” The campaign images and backgrounders invite consumers to explore what’s possible in a new home, and encourage them to contact the professional new home builders in their community.
Download the full New Homes Month Poster in Hi-Resolution PDF.
Download this image in Hi-Resolution:
You must right click on the file and choose
"Save Target As..." to copy the files to your computer
Public Service Announcements:
- Public Service Announcements (PSAs) for use by radio, television and print media
- A Few Hints About Public Service Announcements, for Local HBAs
- Radon and New Home Construction - Anyone preparing to buy a brand new house should be aware of new measures to deal with radon, an invisible, odourless soil gas that occurs naturally in areas across Canada.
- The Door is Open to Your Brand New Home - Today’s new homes offer greater value than ever before. If you are considering a home purchase, you owe it to yourself to explore the benefits of buying new.
- Come Home to Your Future: A Brand New Home Built For You - Visit the professional new home builders in your community and discover what a brand new home has to offer.
- The New Home Buying Experience - If you are buying a brand new home for the first time, or it’s been a long time since you last worked with a new home builder, you are in for a pleasant surprise...
- Ten Great Reasons to Buy a Brand New Home - Today’s new homes offer more than ever...
- When is a Good Time to Buy a Home? - You want to make the right choice, and may wonder when is the best time to buy, particularly if you are entering the housing market for the first time.
- Finding a New Home Builder - Your buying experience and your satisfaction with your new home rely on finding the right builder. The website of the Canadian Home Builders’ Association (CHBA) is a great place to begin.
- A Tradition of Excellence - When you buy a new home from a reputable builder, whatever the company’s size, you will enjoy the quality of construction that has made Canada the envy of the world.
- The Value of Homeownership - For most people, homeownership is the foundation for long-term financial stability and security.
- An Excellent Time to Buy a New Home - If you have been thinking about a new home purchase, now may be the right time for you. Consider these factors...
- Advice on Buying a New Home - Here are some suggestions from professional new home builders to help you make informed and confident decisions...
- What You Should Know About Mortgages - Here is a look at some facts and information about mortgages.
- Mortgage Advice from the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada - Smart mortgage decisions start with the right information. The FCAC provides timely and objective information to help consumers gain a better understanding of the different financial products and services available in the market.
- Checklist for New Home Buyers - Doing your homework carefully can get you there sooner, and with greater confidence. To help you get started, here is a checklist of questions to ask and things to consider.
- Customer Service—What to Expect from New Home Builders - Every business talks about customer service and satisfaction. What does it mean when you are buying a new home?
- Indoor Air Quality - Today's new homes are built with indoor air quality in mind—to provide a more comfortable living space, with clean, fresh air and appropriate moisture levels to discourage development of molds.
- “Greening” Your New Home - When thinking about buying a new home, energy and water efficiency might be high on your list of priorities, along with other environmental features.
- FlexHousing: Design of the Times - A comfortable home can accommodate changes and new priorities in your life.
- Warranty - One of the big advantages of buying a brand new home is your warranty...
- What’s New in New Home Design? - Here is a quick overview of some of the latest design features that today’s new home buyers are choosing for their homes.
- Buying From Plans and Model Homes—Helpful Suggestions for Home Buyers - When you buy a brand new home, you will most likely make your decision based on the builder's plans or model homes, or a combination of the two...
- Quality Products Make a Difference - The quality of the products and materials used by your new home builder has a big impact on the overall quality of your home.
- Safe in Your New Home - Thanks to the latest codes and standards, modern building practices, advanced technologies and careful selection of products, a new home offers both a very comfortable place to live, and a safe environment.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Buying a New Home - A new home purchase should begin with lots of questions to help you to understand the buying process and make the right decisions about the builder you choose to work with and the home you buy.
- Why Choose a CHBA Builder - When you are thinking about buy a new home, it's a good idea to turn to a builder who is a member of the Canadian Home Builders’ Association (CHBA).
This guide has been prepared to help local Home Builders’ Associations (HBAs) and their members benefit as much as possible from New Homes Month.
The guide presents a blueprint for success. The step-by-step directions make it easy for HBAs with little or no prior New Homes Month participation to plan and carry out an exciting and rewarding campaign. Experienced HBAs will find lots of information to help them broaden and fine-tune their activities. The Guide will:
Discuss the benefits of participating in New Homes Month.
Outline how to get started.
Describe the materials available from CHBA.
Offer advice on how individual new home builders can get the most from participating.