The Annual Meeting of Members is held before the CHBA National Conference. Members discuss the agenda of the Association moving forward and install officers to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors manages the affairs of the Association between the Annual Meeting of Members. The Board of Directors is comprised of:
- The Executive Committee;
- One Representative from each of the eight provincial HBAs;
- One Representative from each of the three largest local HBAs;
- One Representative each from two medium-sized local HBAs (200+ members);
- One Representative each from two smaller-sized local HBAs (less than 200 members);
- One Representative each (the Chair) nominated from the Manufacturers' Council; the Canadian Renovators' Council; the Executive Officers' Council; and, Urban Council;
- The Chief Executive Officer.
The Executive Committee manages the affairs of the Association between meetings of the Board of Directors.
The Executive Committee is comprised of the Immediate Past President, the President, First Vice-President, two Second Vice-Presidents, Treasurer and up to two other individuals nominated by the President.
All Past Presidents of the Association are Members of the Past Presidents’ Advisory Council, and the Council is Chaired by the Immediate Past President. The Council meets at each Annual Conference to generally advise the President as to such matters and issues as they see fit, as well as carry out duties as may be given to them from time to time.